Friday, September 2, 2011

TROUBLE IN THE KITCHEN

 
Psalm 71:12 “Do not be far from me, my God; come quickly, God, to help me.”

Disaster visited our house a couple of weeks ago.  It was horrible, like the end of the world, the light in the refrigerator burned out.  It’s always been one of those things you could depend on.

So I went to the super market and purchased a new 40 watt appliance bulb and brought it home reverently and gave it to my wife.  After several days of trial and error we still had a very dark refrigerator and had to use a flashlight to find the eggs, the new bulb worked in every socket but where it was supposed to.

One morning I opened the refrigerator door, pulled up a stool, sat down in front of the darkness, and said “God I don’t care if you help others today just assist me with this bulb.  Sure enough after many attempts the bulb went into the socket correctly and lit up the refrigerator.  Boy did we celebrate; finally we were back to normal.

Dear God, thank you so much for helping with the little things.  As we talk to you every day, help us to know and depend on your love to keep us on track.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

END

No comments:

Post a Comment